Esplanade Start Line Image John McFadyen
IMPORTANT ROUTE INFORMATION FOR 2016 EVENT
All MOK Run 10k Runners please be aware of route change for 2016. Due to on- going work the route is diverted between 7 and 8km marks and will head up Woodlands Drive and then come down Limecraig Road to rejoin the top of the cutting. It will be clearly marshaled and signed. Please ask at registration if you have any queries. Thanks!
The 10K race starts at 10.30 am on the Esplanade next to Kinloch Green. The entrant numbers for the 2016 race are available in the pdf file at the bottom of this page. The course route is outlined below with a pdf copy of the map that you can download.
10k route -
starts 10.30 hours
· Start on the Esplanade next to Kinloch Green near the War Memorial with a sharp right turn onto Kinloch road which leads onto the new Aqualibrium Avenue and then onto Milknowne Road.
· The 10k route splits from the half marathon with a right turn at the Dellwood Hotel, with the route following Dalaruan St
· Continue along Low Askomil to Trench Point checkpoint and turn
· Back along Low Askomil and turn left down North Shore Street
· Along esplanade turn left towards roundabout and along Hall
· Straight along Lochside walkway past putting green and up onto
· Down Kilkerran Road towards jetty to checkpoint and turn
· Return along Kilkerran Road and turn left up the cutting and
along Limecraigs Road
· Across Meadows Avenue, turn right onto Tomaig Road and right
onto Witchburn Road.
· Down the Big Kiln, left onto the Main Street and left at the bottom of Main Street and turn right to finish on the Esplanade"