The Half Marathon route is famous for crossing the
Mach Dunes Golf Course and the stunning beach section.
The entrant race numbers for the 2016 MOK Half Marathon are available as a pdf file at the bottom of this page alongwith a copy of the route.
The Half Marathon and 10k races with both start together at 10.30am. The 10k route splits to the right at the Dellwood hotel after the first 1km - with the half marathon continuing straight on. The Googlemap route gives some detail of the contour and the half marathon course - but not the new start (road has been built more recently). The pdf at the base of the page gives the full route.
Half Marathon - starts 10.30 hours
· Start on the Esplanade next to Kinloch Green near the War Memorial with a sharp right turn onto Kinloch Road which leads onto the new Aqualibrium Avenue and onto Milknowne Road.
· Continue straight up West Road to the Craigs
· Turn left out past Rhoin, Sound of Kintyre & Clochkeil and
follow track onto beach
. Run north along beach towards Westport to point and turn
. back along beach and exit back up track to Clochkeil
· Past Sound of Kintyre and turn right into Moss Road
· Round Moss Road and turn left at end towards Campbeltown
· Down the Big Kiln, turn left down Main Street
· Round the roundabout for finish on the Esplanade near the War Memorial