- VIRTUAL RACE INSTRUCTIONS ABOVE
- MokRun 2021 - IMPORTANT INFORMATION
It is with deep regret that we have to announce that MokRun 2021will not go ahead as a live event. Never in our wildest imagination did we think that this would ever happen, however, as you will all appreciate this is simply beyond our control. Despite some encouraging news of recent regarding potential lifting of lockdown measures, we feel there would be too many constraints to go ahead this year, which would take away from the overall enjoyment of the event.
Although our race was not due to take place until May, there are many things behind the scenes which have to be organised, all of which take time, and in such challenging circumstances, really left us no choice. We would like to thank all of our supporters for your continued patience whilst the committee deliberated over this.
If we could please ask that everyone bears with us a little longer whilst we finalise details for “ MokRun 2021- Virtual Edition”. Information will be provided in due course, by email via Entry Central, to all participants who had secured a place. Unfortunately, there will be no additional entries for the virtual race.
Places for our junior virtual race "Miles for MokRun Virtual 2021" open on Entry Central on Saturday 13th March with 200 places up for grabs. All finishers will receive an official MokRun T-shirt and medal on completion of either one mile or 5km, anywhere of the participants choice .
Please keep an eye on Facebook for all updates regarding virtual events.
We can’t wait to welcome everyone back in 2022.
- MOKRUN 2021
The Mull of Kintyre 10K and Half-marathon Race committee is preparing to stage the event in Campbeltown on Sunday 30th May 2021. We hope that by May, coronavirus restrictions will be lifted and that the event can go ahead, albeit with new measures in place which are intended to limit close contact between runners and to keep everyone safe.
All race numbers will be posted out and race information will be emailed to participants in advance. There will not be a registration tent.
The remaining 106 places from 2020 will not be released. This allows us to reduce the number of participants and comply with social distancing. Everyone who did not request a refund of their 2020 entry fee, has a place in the race.
All other covid-secure measures will be explained in the race information email, which will be issued closer to the time.
Unfortunately, there will not be the usual post-race ceilidh in 2021 as we feel it is unlikely to be acceptable to hold an indoor event of that size in May. However, this is a part of the traditional Event weekend which we will bring back in future years.
Entries for the Junior Race, to be held on Saturday 29th May 2021, will not be opened until closer to the time, when we are certain that the event can go ahead. As much notice as possible will be given of race entry opening through our website and Facebook page.
In the event that public gatherings of this size are still unable to be staged in May, the Race will become a Virtual Event. Participants will be invited to complete a 10K or Half-marathon distance in their home area between 30th May - 13th June 2021 and submit proof of their run. T-shirts and medals will be posted out to participants on completion.
It is the committee’s full intention to host a live event but acknowledge that if this is not possible, then a Virtual Race is the best alternative after the cancellation of the 2020 event.
MoK Run Committee
- With a heavy heart, the Mok Run committee have unanimously agreed to CANCEL this year's Mull of Kintyre Half Marathon & 10Km race on Sunday 24th May 2020 to Sunday 30th May 2021.
This includes cancellation of the Mok Run Junior races on Saturday 23rd May to Saturday 29th May 2021. And the SKSC MoK Run Ceilidh on Sunday 24th May to Sunday 30th May 2021.
Each participant will be notified by email with more details. We will be offering the choice of an automatic rollover entry into Mok Run 2021 ( Guaranteed place) or a full refund.
Those wishing a full refund will have the option to donate their entry fee to the "Mull of Kintyre Half Marathon & 10K" fund to support us going forward . Refunds may take 5-10 days to process and will be credited to original payment methods.
JUNIOR RACES AND CEILIDH TICKETS WILL BE FULLY REFUNDED WITHOUT ROLLOVER OPTIONS
Can we please ask at this time for your patience while we make arrangements and please try to limit email enquiries. As you will appreciate, we are all experiencing extremely challenging times. Rest assured, Mokrun are doing everything in our power to manage the situation as best we can.
Please stay safe
- We are delighted to say that all events for Mok Run 2020 are now sold out! Only a few Ceilidh tickets remain. If you dont already have a Ceilidh ticket, please dont wait till the last minute.
- MokRun is delighted to announce that we have been selected for the Co-op Local Community Fund. Every time you purchase Co-op branded items 1% will go into the community. Make sure you have signed up for a Co-op Membership and vote for MokRun between October 2019 and October 2020.
- Entries for MokRun 2020 will go on sale at 9am on 5th January 2020. This includes junior races. The number of spaces for junior races have been extended for 2020 due to popular demand, however, please note that this year there will not be any wait list. These places can only be secured through Entry Central. To avoid any disappointment we would advise parents to save the date. Emails or messages enquiring about Junior waiting lists may not be answered.